Zucchini Quinoa Salad | Quinoa Recipesjusthitreviews_lekz3m - January 13, 2021
Whenever you want to prepare something healthy and nutritious, go with quinoa recipes. It combines perfectly with many ingredients, and it is perfect for preparing salads and main dishes packed with nutrients like quinoa with fresh seasonal vegetables. The superfood, Quinoa, has many health benefits and is gluten-free, and it has a high protein content which makes it a perfect substitute for pasta or rice.
Combine it with fresh and colour ingredients and create a simple and nutritious dish in less than 30 minutes. Zucchini recipes are as much in demand as Quinoa recipes, and how about blending these two key items together.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 cup quinoa
2 zucchini, diced
An eggplant, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 small red pepper, seeded and diced
4 sundried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil, diced
½ teaspoon garlic powder
A pinch of nutmeg
Little Cumin Seeds
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, to taste
Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Rinse quinoa and prepare it as shown on the package instructions. Transfer it into a serving bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced bell peppers and eggplant. Cook them for about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Add some water if needed.
- Stir in zucchini and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Season with nutmeg, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Remove from the heat and let them cool for about 10 minutes.
- Combine cooked vegetables with quinoa. Add sundried tomatoes and stir gently to combine.
- Season with more salt and black pepper if needed.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
- Drizzle with more extra virgin olive oil, if needed.
- If you like crunchy texture, add seeds like sunflower, black sesame, or pumpkin seeds.
- For more flavour, add chopped chives and black olives.